I have recently published the Portugal Country Report for Analysys Mason, where I present an overview of the fixed and mobile telecommunication’s market for the given country.
It has been a long affair of research, reading and getting up-to-speed with the Portuguese telco market. It has been a long affair mainly because it has been made on the side of other projects that have also been much time consuming, and because we wanted to deliver a high-quality report no matter the effort.
As they say on the program’s web site about the country report research programme:
Analysys Mason’s comprehensive country reports provide everything that you need to know about a country’s telecoms market, enabling you to evaluate emerging trends, pinpoint new opportunities and analyse the strategies of competitors and peers. Updates to our country reports will combine an analysis of both the fixed and mobile markets, providing a converged perspective on key developments and essential market and performance data. An example of our new, converged country reports is available to download on the right-hand side of this page.
The main points covered by the report are:
- Description and background of the main players
- Quick adoption of mobile voice and heavy investments in mobile broadband networks have resulted in a high level of fixed–mobile substitution
- Operators are looking for growth from M&A and outside their frontiers
- Fibre deployments are positioning Portugal as one of the leading European countries in NGN
- With a price war going on, operators differentiate themselves based on prices, handsets and services
- Pay TV is a key factor in the development of triple- and quadruple-play services
The report can be downloaded as a freebie here, although I don’t know for how long, so if you are interested have a look at it quickly!